Tustana Animal Hospital
October is Animal Safety & Protection Month. This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all animals up-to-date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. Place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
- Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems
- Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease.
- SurgeryIn our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, Tustana Animal Hospital is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients in Tustin, CA, and surrounding areas. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
So sad I did not know about this place so my pet could have been better cared for during the past 10 years. My 11 year old dog's teeth were bad, my fault for not knowing dogs need deep cleaning of their teeth. He also has a heart murmur. I was worried coming in. When I met Dr. Hayter for the first time I saw that he was a sweet, kind young man with a busy family, obviously loved animals, and he spent time to give me information and assurance. I appreciated the clear talk about animal dental health, the non- judgmental stance, the honest and competitive price estimate. I was glad that I qualified for Care Credit, but if I did not, I think this office will work with me so that my pet can get the needed care. My pet was put under general anesthesia, had 11 teeth pulled. He was sleepy when I picked him up and he mostly slept that night and had a little soft food. But the following day he was already normal, did not hear a wimper, and he was hungry! There was no post -op bleeding. By the second day my dog was already crunching his dry food, enjoyed steamed veggies, and his bark was strong and his steps were quick again. I think the infected teeth were really dragging him down and affected his enjoyment of life. So glad I was given good counsel to do this. Thank you Dr. Hayter for your skillful work so my pet recovered so fast! This is a place with compassionate caregivers. The facility is orderly and clean, the three staff that I interacted with were friendly, caring, efficient, and clearly loved animals and enjoyed helping people as well.Anh Vu
Our family began going to Tustana in 1992. That's a long time, and a lot of pets. They have always been caring, knowledgeable, efficient, and just what we need when our pets are ailing. There have been changes over the years, new owners and such, but the quality and caring and fair prices have remained the same. We wouldn't go to any other vet, and we have referred many other families to Tustana as well. Your pets deserve the best treatment, so taken them with love to Tustana Animal Hospital.Jackie Y.